| Follow cyclingfans on Twitter and never miss a race. Cyclingfans.com: The #1 destination on the internet for live race coverage.
- Cadel Evans - HD Action Profile
- Cadel's last race will be the inaugural Great Ocean Race, February 1, 2015. More here.
- Cadel has announced that he will retire after the 2015 Tour Down Under. More here. (September 15, 2014)
- Cadel Evans finished 8th overall in the 2014 Giro d'Italia. Evans reflects on this result and his future here. (June 1, 2014)
- Cadel Evans finished second overall at the 2014 Tour Down Under.
- See also: Nairo Quintana. See also: Alberto Contador. See also: Chris Froome. (July 15, 2014) Cadel Evans (BMC Racing) became part of Tour de France legend when he won the event in 2011, the first Australian to do so. Evans is immensely popular in France and around the world. I was somewhat surprised when he targeted the 2013 Giro d'Italia but that's a tribute to Evans and to that great event as well. His third place finish in this year's Giro was fantastic but perhaps hurt his chances for a top result in the 100th Tour de France. While his pro road career is winding down, he should still have some good results left in him. In my photo below, Evans is on his way to Mont-Saint-Michel in the 2013 Tour Stage 11 time trial. This is the fourth in a series of "HD Action Profiles" (click Evans image for High Definition version) from the 2013 season. (I've included location and altitude information as recorded by my camera and information about the team bikes.) I plan to feature at least one rider from each ProTeam as well as riders from many of the smaller teams. -Pete
Cadel Evans (BMC Racing), 2013 Tour de France, photographed by Pete Geyer, www.cyclingfans.com
photo Copyright © 2013 Pete Geyer
- Click for High Definition -