Tour de Cycling - Thursday
- Tour of Turkey Stage 6 live video Friday: 13:55 CET (7:55am U.S. Eastern)
GP de Denain: Casper wins
- Watch a French evening news clip about the GP de Denain and Jimmy Casper's record-setting third win today. Casper beat Juan Jose Haedo to the line. Includes some historical footage. Not a whole lot of race action. Clip is here. (watch from position 17:10 to 19:20 in the program)
- Just in: Boonen foot not broken: Tom Boonen, involved in the sprint finish crash at yesterday's Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen, was examined today and has "heavy bruising" to his right wrist and foot but did not break any bones as was originally feared. But if he still has pain on Monday, more tests will be done. (source: Sporza)
- GP de Denain: Mission accomplished for Jimmy Casper who just won his third edition of this race in a group sprint and solidified his overall lead in the Coupe de France. Juan Jose Haedo took second, Denis Flahaut third.
- Tour of Turkey LIVE coverage has begun. Links below but also, one person emailed and another tweeted that there is a live feed with English commentary available via laola1.tv. This feed was embedded on the official site the other day but at the moment you will find a link to it at the bottom of the page here. Note that registration is required. We don't know anything about this site.
- Kazakhstan’s cycling federation to resume paying Astana wages. Alberto Contador and his teammates had not received paychecks for about a month. (Lance Armstrong is not taking a paycheck for riding for the team.) AP story here.
- Robbie McEwen injury update: McEwen suffered a concussion but no fractures in yesterday's sprint crash at the Scheldeprijs Vlaanderen. (source: AFP)