2011 Tour of California LIVE - Stage 1
|Follow cyclingfans on Twitter and never miss a race. Cyclingfans.com: The #1 destination on the internet for live race coverage.|
Notes: (latest notes always appear at the top)
- Update: Due to weather conditions, Monday's Stage 2 start has been moved to Nevada City. The stage will start at 12:15pm PDT.
- Videos: Tour of California Videos - All Stages
- *Organizers are monitoring weather conditions for Monday's ToC Stage 2, particularly at Donner Pass, and hope to make a decision regarding eventual route changes by 8:00am PDT.
- Monday's Tour of California Stage 2 is scheduled to depart North Lake Tahoe-Squaw Valley at *10:15am PDT (19:15 CET) and is expected at the finish at Sacramento at around 3:28pm PDT (00:28am CET Tuesday). Tour of California live streaming video should begin by around 2:00pm PDT (23:00 CET).
- Stage finally is cancelled as riders understandably do not want to race given the weather conditions.
- LIVE via Tour Tracker here. (live ticker starts before live video)
- Update: Race organizers have announced today's Stage 1 will indeed start at 1:15pm PDT at the original start line in South Lake Tahoe.
- Update: Statement from organizers: "Due to severe and unsafe weather conditions in the Lake Tahoe area, the start of Stage 1 of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California has been delayed. If the weather improves, a shortened stage will be started at 1:15 p.m. PT. We will continue to monitor the weather conditions and state of the roads and make a final decision at noon PT, with the riders' safety as our number one priority. The new route will continue to take the riders from South Lake Tahoe to Northstar up the west side of Lake Tahoe. The stage will be approximately 50 miles. There will be no changes to the timing or the finish line at Northstar. The Lifestyle Festival at the finish will still open at noon PT, with the Amgen Breakaway Mile also remaining on schedule for 2:30 p.m. PT."
- You will be able to watch the Tour of California via Tour Tracker online. For a small fee, there are also The Shack Tour Tracker apps for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android. Details here.
- Sunday's Stage 1 map, profile and info here.
- *Note that due to weather conditions, stage start info may change. (Organizers have informed us that a decision will be made at 9:00am PDT Sunday.)
- Sunday's Tour of California Stage 1 is scheduled to depart South Lake Tahoe at *10:30am PDT (19:30 CET) and is expected at the finish at North Lake Tahoe/Northstar at Tahoe Resort at around 3:35pm PDT (00:35am CET Monday). Tour of California live streaming video should begin by around 2:00pm PDT (23:00 CET).
- More info and links to come.
- For the SIXTH consecutive year, you can follow the Tour of California live on cyclingfans.com.
- Expected options for live video feeds are listed at right.
- We will update here with the best and latest live feeds at broadcast time.
- Welcome to our live coverage guide for the 2011 Tour of California.
Stage 1 starts at *1:15pm PDT
Stage finish around 3:35pm PDT
LIVE video from 2:00pm PDT
(more video links to come)
Live audio streaming:
Eurosport audio feeds may be offline
- More tickers to come -
News and photos:
Copyright © 2011 www.cyclingfans.com