- Tuesday's Giro d'Italia Stage 10 departs Cuneo at 10:00 CET (4am U.S. Eastern) and is expected in Pinerolo at around 17:16 CET (11:16am U.S. Eastern). Giro d'Italia live video streaming on Universal Sports is scheduled to begin at 8:30am U.S. Eastern. Giro live coverage on Eurosport is scheduled to begin at 15:15 CET (9:15am U.S. Eastern). The Rai Sport Piu web streams usually go live before television coverage. In the morning we'll have all the latest and best options for watching the Giro d'Italia live online.
- Today is the first rest day at the Giro d'Italia. More Tour de Cycling - Monday to come.
- The Volta Ciclista a Catalunya starts today and runs through May 24. We've not had live video streaming for this event in the past and we don't expect any such coverage this year; TV3 Catalunya schedule shows highlights only after midnight local time. Volta Ciclista a Catalunya Official Website - Start List (.pdf) (Efimkin, Dessel, Vaitkus, Zubeldia, Fedrigo, Valverde, Pereiro, Dumoulin, Eisel, Kirchen, Sanchez S., Landaluze, Casar, Geslin, Vaugrenard, Cozza, Duggan, Maaskant, Martin, Karpets, Botcharov, Furlan, Chicchi, Ciolek, Knaven, Chavanel Syl., Cornu, Flecha, Posthuma, Kroon, Arvesen, O'Grady, Aerts, Dekker, Van Summeren, Hushovd, Roulston)
- Giro d'Italia race director Angelo Zomegnan is not happy that riders protested race conditions, resulting in Sunday's much-anticipated stage in Milan being neutralized. (A stage win was at stake but results did not count toward the general classification.) Among obstacles noted by riders were parked cars, traffic islands, and tram lines. An eyewitness reported to cyclingfans.com that amateur riders were on the course while the race was going on. Were the riders correct to protest?
SAN FRANCISCO TWILIGHT CRITERIUM POSTPONED UNTIL 2010
San Francisco, Calif. (May 11, 2009) – Organizers of the San Francisco Twilight Criterium say the event will be postponed until September of 2010, due to a lack of adequate sponsorship.
- LIVE now: Collegiate National Road Championships live video streaming here. (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- More Tour de Cycling - Friday to come...
- 4 Days of Dunkirk LIVE now on Direct8. Links below.
- 4 Days of Dunkirk: Direct8 geo-restriction was just turned off with the completion of the film, should now be viewable worldwide. Race coverage should begin in a few minutes. Coverage on France3 starts later.
- Program scheduled currently on Direct8, a film, is geo-restricted: France only.
- Today's "Four Days" stage is an 18.7km individual time trial.
- On today: Four Days of Dunkirk live video streaming:
(15:20 CET (9:20am U.S. Eastern))
(16:30 CET (10:30am U.S. Eastern))
- Giro d'Italia teams presentation LIVE now. (links below)
- Watch coverage of the Giro d'Italia Teams Presentation today on Rai Sport Piu starting at 16:15 CET (10:15am U.S. Eastern).
Live video streaming:
- On Thursday: Giro d'Italia Teams Presentation live at 16:15 CET (10:15am U.S. Eastern).
- Coming up: Our first look at Giro d'Italia live coverage options.
Four Days of Dunkirk Coverage on France3 Television
2003 4 Jours de Dunkerque: The peloton rolls through Boulogne-sur-mer during Stage 4.
Copyright © 2003 Pete Geyer/www.cyclingfans.com
The season's first pink leader jersey won't be awarded at the Giro on Saturday but, rather, at the Four Days of Dunkirk/Tour du Nord-Pas de Calais which starts tomorrow (Tuesday) and runs through May 10. Yes, the "Four Days" is actually six days of racing. 2008 winner Stephane Auge (Cofidis) is back to defend. Among the other riders expected on the start line: Dumoulin, Fedrigo, Bouyer, De Weert, Pineau, Hoste, Casper, Engoulvent, Guesdon, Grabsch, Hansen, Henderson, Feillu, Lelay, Dessel, Bodrogi, Steegmans, Cooke, Lhotellerie.
There will be live video streaming of the final three days of racing, Friday through Sunday. We'll of course be heavily into covering the Giro d'Italia but we will also include links for watching the Four Days of Dunkirk. Details Thursday night.
- Trophee des Grimpeurs LIVE now on Eurosport France. More Trophee des Grimpeurs info and links here.
- On Tuesday through May 3: 6 straight days of live cycling double-headers: Tour de Romandie and Vuelta Ciclista a Asturias. What more could a cycling fan want.....ahead of the Giro d'Italia which is fast approaching. Info and links below. -Pete (Paris) and Bernie S. (UK) Also coming Tuesday: 2009 Liege-Bastogne-Liege photos
Rock Racing's Rahsaan Bahati has time to celebrate his victory at
Sunday's Dana Point Grand Prix.
photo courtesy Vero Image
Andreas Kloden (Astana) won the 2008 Tour de Romandie
Copyright © 2008 Fotoreporter Sirotti for cyclingfans.com
2009 Tour de Romandie starts tomorrow
The 2009 Tour de Romandie starts tomorrow, Tuesday, and runs through May 3. Once again there will be Tour de Romandie live video streaming, notably on cycling.tv for cycling fans in North America. The action gets underway with an evening 3.1km prologue in the streets of Lausanne, Switzerland. You can watch an aerial view animation of the prologue course here. The prologue will be the only individual effort against the clock this year as organizers are introducing, for the first time in the event's history, a Team Time Trial for Stage 3. This will be appreciated by teams hoping to gain an edge in a couple of other big TTT opportunities this season, at the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France which sees the event return after a four-year absence. The Tour de Romandie TTT will be short, though - just 14.8km. The winner of the 2009 Tour de Romandie will be a rider capable of making winning moves in the hills and/or mountains of Switzerland. Beautiful race ahead of the Giro. We'll post our full Tour of Romandy Live Coverage Guide in the morning.
Tour de Romandie Official Website
2009 Vuelta Ciclista Asturias Live Coverage
The 2009 Vuelta Ciclista Asturias (Spain) starts tomorrow, Tuesday, and runs through May 3. There will be Vuelta Asturias live video streaming. Rock Racing will be among the teams on the start line, bringing Francisco Mancebo, Aaron Kemps, Victor Hugo Pena, Fred Rodriguez, Oscar Sevilla, David Martin, Glenn Chawick and David Tanner. We'll have more info and all the links in the morning.
- Coming up later today: Our first look at tomorrow's Liege-Bastogne-Liege live coverage options.
- Giro del Trentino highlights on RAI TRE are over but RAI Sport is scheduled to have 30 minutes of highlights later today at 20:30 CET (2:30pm U.S. Eastern).
- Giro del Trentino final stage ticker is live. More Tour de Cycling - Saturday to come.