Tour Down Under LIVE coverage - Stage 2
Notes: (latest notes always appear at the top)
- Please visit our homepage for the latest Tour Down Under live coverage info. and archive video clips.
- While we wait for the Stage 6 live video, our growing list of Tour Down Under video clips below captures some of the TDU atmosphere, racing action and thoughts by Lance Armstrong and other riders. We'll add Stage 2 video clips in the morning.
- Speaking of the Tour of California, you'll find ToC and other racing wallpapers in our wallpapers section.
- If you are joining us for the first time, we are in our 5th year of tracking live internet coverage throughout the pro road racing season. For most races, we have live streaming video (including every stage of stage races) so this Tour Down Under is unusual in that live video will not be available until Stage 6. We hope you'll stick around all season long because there will be many, many days of live video coverage from races big and small, including next month's Amgen Tour of California. Speaking of the ToC, it already has established itself as an important race and moved the season start earlier in the year. The Tour Down Under has moved the season start even earlier for many riders, fans and journalists.
- Updated link for Triple M Radio, which should also be providing live race updates and live coverage from the finish line.
- Tour Down Under Stage 2 is now underway. Robbie McEwen, who injured his arm during the sprint finish of stage 1 when it struck a spectator's camera, is going to "race through the pain." Also according to a radio reporter for ABC Adelaide, the peloton departed under cooler temperatures, something that will be much appreciated.
- More updates to come after the inauguration of Barack Obama which you can watch online here. (preliminary coverage already streaming)
- The Tour Down Under Stage 2 from Hahndorf to Stirling begins at 11am local time Wednesday. (01:30 CET Wednesday, 7:30pm U.S. Eastern TUESDAY). The distance is 145km (90 miles).
- We will post and update new guides with the latest info and links each day of the race.
- Tour Down Under live race coverage will be limited to live internet radio and text tickers until Stage 6 when live streaming video will also become available. Video highlights will, however, be available each day.
- Welcome to our live coverage guide for Stage 2 of the 2009 Tour Down Under.
Stage 2 Starts at 11am local time
- More race resources to come -
Live video streaming:
(Alternative Tour Down Under live streams are expected for the final stage, notably on Versus for the U.S.A. We will list direct links at that time.)
(more video links to come if available)
Live audio streaming:
Alternative ABC Radio
Triple M Radio
News and photos:
Copyright © 2009 www.cyclingfans.com